This is the ideal way for a career-minded student to gain valuable work experience with companies worldwide.
An internship or a work experience year allows you to combine your language course with na unrivalled experience of working in English.
Paid work experience positions in the hospitality industry – in a Hotel, restaurant, bar, café or pub (earning UK , USA or Australia national minimum wage according to age) or Internships (unpaid positions in other industries).
It consists of 4 weeks of intensive school + 12 weeks of paid work experience in the hospitality industry.
Students benefit from the opportunity to:
- Familiarise themselves with techniques and methods of British or American work place
- Practise their theoretical knowledge in a real-life situation
- Discover and participate in the way of life in the UK or USA
- Obtain a Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) Certificate in Work Experience
- Improve English language skills a in stimulating international environment
- Meet friends from all over the world
We arrange the work placement position and issue a training agreement for both the student and employer to sign.
- Age 18-28
- Intermediate level of English required
- Start any Monday (application 14 weeks before preferred start date)
- Minimum Programme: 4 weeks of school (Morning General English) + 12 weeks of full-time work (16 weeks programme)
- Single room half-board homestay accommodation arranged during weeks of school + twin-sharing room in staff or self-catering accommodation arranged during weeks of work
SEE Work Experience in the UK
SEE Work has been specifically designed for people wishing to go to the UK to improve and build on their work experience and gain practical experience in one of the world’s largest industries, whilst earning money to part fund their stay.
- Placements include working in hospitality and catering and other UK businesses that require seasonal staff.
- Include accommodation, food and a training allowance equivalent to the UK national minimum wage.
- Deductions from the allowance will be made for tax, national insurance and charges for any other services provided by the host company such as accommodation and food.
- Age Requirement: 18+
- Placements anywhere in the UK including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- English level required: intermediate and above
- Lenght of programe: min. 12 weeks to 1 year
- EU nationals only
- Students participating in all SEE Jobs programmes can apply for the Standard CIE Cambridge International Examinations Work Experience Certificate.
SEE Work Experience in London
See Work offers the possibility to have a work experience in the capital of the UK, working in areas such as cleaning, warehousing, retail, hospitality and catering. See Work London is a specially designed programme aimed at facilitating overseas nationals to find work within London and the airports that service the capital.
Placements are salaried, with a minimum pay of the UK minimum wage(http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/), and will in the main be full time positions (hours of work can vary). See Work UK is able to provide residential or homestay single room accommodation for applicants if required.
Up to 3 interviews will be provided by London employers and applicants must accept the first position offered. Applicants that are not successful after 3 interviews will qualify automatically for a free See Anglo Training placement (hospitality and catering placements throughout the UK). ALL applicants will receive a salaried placement. The placements will be provided on a first come first served basis. Applicants will not commence their placements immediately after arrival into London and must expect to allow time for interviews.
- Age Requirement: 18+
- English level required: upper intermediate and above
- Lenght of programe: 24 weeks plus
- Eligibility: EU nationals only
- Location: London
- Remuneration: at least UK minimum wage per hour with deductions for tax, national insurance
- Accomodation arranged by SEE Work in a host family, residential accomodation or privately.
- Students participating in all SEE Jobs programmes can apply for the Standard CIE Cambridge International Examinations Work Experience Certificate
|• England||• USA||• Australia||• Ireland|