|Latvia is a humble European Union country packed with historic towns and castles, breathtaking baroque, art nouveau and contemporary architecture and rich and diverse natural beauty including colourful countryside and Jurmala’s pristine beaches.|
|Latvia has shared an intricate connection with Russia for nearly 1,000 years. It began when Russian merchants came to exploit its Baltic ports. In 1941, Latvia joined the Soviet Union and Russian was declared the official language. Although Latvia gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1991 and Latvian once again reigned, Russian still bears importance in everyday communications.|
|Most of the 2.2 million inhabitants speak Russian and over half the population consider this their native language. This explains why many Latvian newspapers, magazines, radio stations and television channels are in Russian.|
SEE Russian language school, is situated in the heart of the country’s capital, Riga. Once an important Hanseatic city and trading port, Riga continues to attract attention with its enchanting Old Town pinned with many bars and restaurants, a contemporary city center, recreational parks and six UNESCO World Heritage sites.
With a population of 800,000, Riga is one of the largest cities in northern Europe. It is also home to many cultural events, international exhibitions, scientific conferences, theatres and cinemas. There is definitely no shortage of fun and entertainment in Riga.
You can also take advantage of Latvia’s proximity to Russia and further improve your Russian by hopping across the border to spend a weekend in Russia. Take the opportunity to visit St. Peterburgh or Moscow.
School Fact File
- Age: +16 years old
- School Location: Riga (at the heart of the city centre, near bus and train station)
- Computer Room: Computers and Wi-Fi access
- Student Lounge: drink machines – coffee, tea, chocolate
- Inner yard
- Six fully equipped and modern classrooms
- Minimum: 1 week
- Number of students per class: Max. 8
- Starting Dates: every Monday (except beginners and business Russian)
- Course Includes: Pre-arrival placement test, tuition, teaching materials, Riga walking tour, free access to the Internet, course certificate. For summer courses (June to August): 2 social activities per week.
- Accommodation: Host Family, apartment, hostel and hotel
- General Russian (20 lessons / week)
- Intensive Russian (30 lessons / week)
- Business / Executive Russian (30 lessons / week)
- Academic TRKI course (30 lessons / week)
Contact us for more information on these or any other Russian programmes.