If you are looking for the ideal traditional English boarding school – with traditional English values – look no further!
Ellesmere will take your breath away – set in extensive grounds and located midway between the historical cities of Chester and Shrewsbury , and approximately one and a quarter hours from Manchester and Liverpool – Ellesmere offers the perfect opportunity for English language in truly spectacular surroundings. The school was founded in 1879 as part of a group of Church of England schools and now houses 250 year round boarders.
The school has excellent facilities including its own 9 hole golf course, tennis courts, football pitches and playing fields and outdoor swimming pool. Riding and watersports are available nearby as an optional extra cost.
• Age: 8-12 and 13-17
• Extensive football pitches
• Playing fields
• Sports Hall
• Heated outdoor swimming pool
• 7 Tennis courts
• 9 hole golf course
• One, two and three bedded rooms with some four bedded rooms available; showers, baths and wcs in each house
• Maximum number of beds: 250
• English or Continental style breakfast, hot lunch and hot evening meal. Packed lunch for excursions.
• Full day excursions include Liverpool and Manchester . Half days to Chester and Shrewsbury .